Troop 96 will be starting an Ad Altare Dei class on Saturday April 23 at 1:15 PM (immediately following the 12:15 Mass). Classes will be held in the Teen Center which is located by going down the stairs near the gymnasium. We welcome boys from any troop to join our class. See below for a description of Ad Altare Dei and the requirements for taking the class. Mrs. Jane Bryant-Klett will be coordinating this program.
The purpose of the Ad Altare Dei (to the altar of God) program is to help Catholic Youth of the Roman Rite develop a fully Christian way of life in the faith community. The program is organized in chapters based on the seven Sacraments. The seven Sacraments are a primary means toward spiritual growth.
The most important aspect of the program is that the Scout grows in his spiritual experience of his relationship to God and the church.
(Click READ MORE below) for Requirements and Eligibility.
* Any youth of the Roman Catholic Faith who is registered in a BSA Troop or Crew.
* Designed for youth 13-14 years old, older youth may use this program.
* Active member of a unit for 6 months.
* Completed 6th grade before starting the program.
* Each Scout must have his own Activity Book (Ad Altare Dei Youth Manual, Publication Date: 2014). The book is designed for the youth to work on with the guidance of a counselor.
* The program is designed to be completed in 6-8 months.
* The use of a Catholic Bible is required for this program. You will need to have one to use.
* Regular participation in Sunday worship.
* Diocesan and BSA Youth Protection policies must be followed.
* Complete the requirements in the Ad Altare Dei Scout Manual.
* Successfully complete an Ad Altare Dei Board of Review.
* A trained religious emblems coordinator/counselor/moderator is required to work on religious emblems. Contact your Diocesan Catholic Committee on Scouting <http://www.nccs-bsa.org/index.php/contacts> to become trained and for ceremony schedules.